Thursday, May 21, 2015

  I love to cook!  I have been cooking since I was 8 years old. The first thing I made was a grilled cheese. I was hooked from there! Brownies were dad's favorite dessert.  I made those every week.  I think he finally got sick of them.

   I don't like fancy things...just simple down home cooking.  I try to use ingredients that I have on hand. I have a medical condition that keeps me from consuming more than 1000 mg of sodium per day.  Do you read labels?
Salt is in EVERYTHING! I was shocked to learn that there was sodium
in my glass of milk.
    Processed food contains tons of sodium. A lot of my recipes will not contain any salt. Instead, I love to use fresh herbs and spices. If I don't have that on hand then I pull out Mrs. Dash!!!  Trust me...you will get use to it.  I did!
 This blog will not be all about sodium free food. Some of the recipes though will have a lower salt content.
I love spring and summer.  There are so many fruits and veggies available. I have a garden that I grow a lot of my veggies.  Take advantage of farmer's markets to get wonderful, fresh produce. 

I hope you enjoy some of my favorite recipes. Don't forget to add a few teaspoons of love to everything you cook!

***All the pictures you see in my blog are ones that I have  taken so you can see what you will be preparing.

No comments:

Post a Comment